CONMICAL FOR PRISONERS FAMILIES UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Are The Real Voices?

5 posters

Go down

Where Are The Real Voices? Empty Where Are The Real Voices?

Post  chrissie Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:37 am

Who actually campaigns for us? Every time I have rang prisoners families charities they pass me over to another number. I ring another number and they pass me on to somebody else. That somebody else then passes me over to another number. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ANother thing that annoys me is we never see people like us (Prisoners family members) involved in plays that charities advertise. They should involve us more because without us they dont get their wages.
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Where Are The Real Voices? Empty Re: Where Are The Real Voices?

Post  Admin Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:06 am

Hi Chrissie

One of our members Robyn Levers once wrote an article in Inside Time regarding this type of issue.
I'll see if I can locate it on any of the Inside Time back issues as it was quite a harsh yet honest letter.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://conmical.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  carolann Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:21 am

I remember Robyns letter lol Shocked I agreed with most of it actually Neutral
carolann
carolann

Back to top Go down

Post  tina34 Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:15 pm

I was put on to Gingerbread. Im not being funny but if I ring a prisoners families organisation, i dont wanna be passed to Gingerbread. whats the bloody point of a prisoners families organisation if they gonna pass the buck and put me in touch with lone parent orgs. I can find lone parent orgs up at the job centre and online. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
tina34
tina34

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn_Levers Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:26 am

There was a fantastic article not long ago in Inside Time by Ben Gunn. He challenged most penal reform groups, some being prisoners families orgs. His argument and mine also is how many prisoners families are actually employed by prisoners families orgs? If anyone on here works for them, pray do tell as I am very keen to know. There are hundreds of family members who want to enter this particular line of work and aren't given the opportunities by those who claim to campaign on behalf of us. Rolling Eyes
Robyn_Levers
Robyn_Levers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum